Senior Air Conditioning Engineer required, £48k+ to be London based. Work is mostly 5 Star hotels, restaurants, a few nightclubs, block management, high end residential.
The main purpose of this role is to lead the AC engineers, develop their capability to complete all work to the highest standard and provide expert technical advice to clients and the company.
The role will be hands-on, all aspects of servicing, remedial repairs and some project work with commercial Air Conditioning systems in a variety of environments including hotels, large private residential blocks, schools and a range of commercial buildings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the service engineers and ensure they have the skills and capability to deliver the highest technical standards, customer service skills and know how to comply with all legal requirements including but not limited to the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ (risk
assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
• Support the Service Manager in planning all work and leading monthly engineer meetings, ensuring engineers are up to date with current regulations, certifications and carry out toolbox talks, and safety checks as needed
• Support the engineers in all technical queries and ensure they are able to fully complete all job/asset reports, identification of all additional works and that all job reports are verified by the office
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of AC system design, installation and servicing requirements in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations
• Develop and manage strong relationships with customers and a thorough understanding of their facilities, advising them on service and other requirements as necessary, and assisting the Service Manager to price contracts and works
• Carry out works to include service, general fault finding / diagnostic skills, breakdown repairs, replacement, and installation and commissioning of new equipment on all aspects of commercial AC systems including: VRV, VRF splits, AHUs and chillers
• Test and repair basic electrical systems associated with AC systems (complex electrical work carried out by NICEIC qualified staff).
• Demonstrate to all engineers how to commission AC systems and associated controls on completion of installation or servicing works, fault finding / diagnostic skills and the ability to carry out necessary repairs / replacement of defective parts etc
• Participate in out-of-hours emergency callout rota as required
• Working remotely and calling the office daily to check reports, further works reports, and briefing on next booked job as required
• Work flexibly, proficiently and with professionalism to ensure all works are completed in a reasonable time to a high standard, seeking advice from you line manager when required
• Good practical and problem-solving skills
• 5+ years' experience working on Commercial AC systems
• Can identify all relevant risks e.g. asbestos awareness
• Understands Risk Assessment process (training provided)
• Evidence of delivering high quality service to customers
• Evidence of successfully working in a team
• Understanding of compliance with legal obligations and company policies
Knowledge and skills
• City and Guilds F GAS and ODS Regulations 2079 – essential
• City and Guilds / NVQ Diploma in Installing, Testing and Maintaining AirConditioning and Heat Pump Systems – desirable (training available)
• 18th Edition – desirable (training available)
• Excellent verbal, written and presentational communication skills
• Demonstrates ability to understand technical issues and translate them clearly
and succinctly to customers and colleagues
• Demonstrates ability to prioritise workload to achieve deadlines
• Able to problem solve and continuously seek improved performance
• A calm, logical approach with an ability to work and deliver under pressure
• Good IT skills including Office 365 and service based mobile IT systems
• Full UK Driving licence
Salary / benefits
Salary to £48k dep on experience
1 in 10 standby, £100 , all Overtime paid at time and 3/4, no cap.
24 days plus 8 bank
Van fuel card etc etc.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Air Conditioning Engineer / Supervisor to join a rapidly growing and experienced multi disciplined HVAC company.
For more information please contact Steve West
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.