- £70000 - £80000/annum
- Greater Manchester
Head of Procurement
Our client is a leading design and build contractor working on both clean and waste water projects across multiple frameworks. They are looking for an experienced procurement specialist to fill a Head of Procurement role, leading a central procurement function across their organisation.
The Central Procurement Team works to support our six regional delivery teams throughout the UK on projects with a combined annual turnover in excess of £500M. The key responsibilities of the Head of Procurement will be to:
- Develop and deliver the strategic direction for the procurement function to future growth.
- Identify opportunities to leverage group buying power across all procurement activities
- Work closely with the commercial function to bring best practice procurement strategies that maximise efficiency opportunities.
- Work with other central roles to develop a sustainable supply chain in order to support expansion and the AMP8 procurement cycle.
- Set and manage departmental budgets, manage resource levels, workload and outputs
- Manage the maintenance of an approved supplier database (c. 800 approved suppliers)
- Maintain a detailed awareness of current and emerging procurement best practice, complete supplier assessments and evaluations, manager team resources and ensure compliance with new legislation, health and safety, quality and environmental policies and targets
- Minimum of 5 years senior level experience of Procurement and Supply Chain in the construction/utility industry
- CIPS full membership qualification
- Extensive knowledge of Category Management approach
- Demonstrable track record of delivering significant bottom-line benefits
- NEC Subcontract experience
If you have strong management experience, are commercially astute and are able to develop and maintain a close working relationship with all key stakeholders then please apply with your CV today.
For further information please call (phone number removed)
- Job ID:
- Contract Length:
- Job Reference: