Milestone Infrastructure is currently looking to recruit a Highways Assistant Engineer to work on our Engineering Solutions contract in Ipswich.
As the Highways Assistant Engineer, you will be part of our welcoming team in Ipswich delivering highway design solutions and services for our clients throughout England.
As the Highways Assistant Engineer, your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Assist with undertaking of designs and producing design packages for construction
- Produce technical reports and other technical output to achieve project outcomes
- Undertake site visits, surveys and investigations
- Utilise design software including 3D modelling
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with QSE standards and processes
- Technical training / supervision of Technicians
- Working collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Design and construction experience within the highways sector
- Commercial awareness on the delivery of projects
- Knowledge of Highways England standards including DMRB & MCDHW
- Awareness of Health & Safety & Environment in design and construction
- Computer literate design software and Microsoft packages;
- Competent user of AutoCAD & Civils 3D (desirable)
- Willingness to work in other UK offices for short term assignments
- UK/EEC driving licence.
At Milestone we embrace diversity, opening rich potential for new ways of thinking and helping us to build successful and winning teams. We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process; and as a Disability Confident employer, if you require any adjustments that would assist you throughout your application, please contact us at (url removed) or inform the recruitment manager in the first instance and we will be pleased to offer support.
We also welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about-flexibility at interview, whether this is part-time working, home working, or any other alternative. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Milestone. The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.