Milestone Infrastructure is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Engineer to join our Engineering Solutions team in Ipswich.
You will be part of our Asset Management team who are responsible for providing highway maintenance asset management support to our highway authority clients throughout the country.
Your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Developing highway maintenance schemes through identifying of defects to determining treatments and producing construction documents;
- Assist in producing forward programmes of highway maintenance works;
- Assisting in the management and undertaking of highway condition inspections and surveys;
- Updating and utilising Asset management systems;
- Produce technical reports and other technical output to achieve project outcomes;
- Undertake site visits, surveys and investigations;
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with QSE standards and processes;
- Technical training/supervision of Technicians.
- Working collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in highway maintenance techniques and in identifying pavement treatments and solutions;
- Asset management and construction experience within the highway sector (ideally at least 5 years);
- Understanding and use of asset management systems:
- Interpretation and analysis of asset data:
- Experience in undertaking asset condition surveys:
- Commercial awareness in the delivery of projects;
- Knowledge of Highways England standards including DMRB & MCDHW;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety & Environment in design and construction;
- Computer literate on Design software and Microsoft packages;
- Competent user of AutoCAD & Civils 3D (desirable);
- Willingness to work in other UK offices for short term assignments;
- UK/EEC driving licence.
Success Measures: You will have:
- An ability to deliver projects to time, cost and quality targets;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good communication skills (written and oral);
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Effective team player.
What’s in it for you?
- 28 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday;
- Pension scheme;
- Life Assurance.
At Milestone we embrace diversity, opening a rich potential for new ways of thinking and helping us to build successful and winning teams. We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process; and as a Disability Confident employer, if you require any adjustments that would assist you throughout your application, please contact us at (url removed) or inform the recruitment manager in the first instance and we will be pleased to offer support.
We also welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview, whether this is part-time working, home working, or any other alternative. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Milestone. The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.