As Engineering Controller (Chief Engineer) you will be responsible for leading the manufacturing units engineering activities to establish and maintain successful engineering operations.
- Providing leadership and direction to a maintenance and site service engineering team to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential
- Developing and leading investment plans based on asset capability, capacity and commercial strategy
- Devising and deploying an engineering strategy which supports the manufacturing units strategic goals and is compliant with all company and legislative standards
- Proactively contributing to product development through the application of best available technology and automation to create efficient and sustainable manufacturing process
- Contributing to the Manufacturing/Business Unit executive team to ensure engineering solutions support delivery of the business plans
- Driving year on year improvements to deliver enhanced engineering standards aligned with manufacturing unit objectives
- Sharing engineering best practice within the Engineering forum to promote the exchange of learning and identify improvements for the manufacturing unit
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all of the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Due to upcoming retirement, we have an opportunity for an Engineering Controller to lead our engineering team at Greencore Wisbech.
Here at Wisbech, we have a team of 450 colleagues and manufacture premium chilled ready to cook meals for major retailers such as Asda and Co-op.What we’re looking for
- Hold demonstrable experience of leading an Engineering department within a senior role
- Ideally have worked within an FMCG/food manufacturing environment
- Hold a HND/Degree or equivalent calibre engineering qualifications
- Desirably be a member of a recognised professional body – IET/Mech E, ICT/Institute of Mechanical Engineering
- Be NEBOSH Certified
- Have experience of creating a lean enterprise culture
- Be computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Possess effective project management and budgeting skills
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future successWhat you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Company pension offering up to 8% matched contributions
- Access to our company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications offering fully funded further study
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform 'my core benefits'
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career