My client is currently has an exciting opportunity for a van mobile Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our Facilities Management team working on our local government contract covering various corporate & public sites across Westminster City Council. This opportunity is for a permanent full-time position, working Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00 servicing a cluster of buildings in relatively close proximity.
The team consists of circa 15 members delivering both planned and reactive maintenance utilising sustainable transport. This comprises of Electric Vehicles, Battery Powered Cargo Bikes, as well as utilisation of public transport. The role offers a varied working environment given that our technical team covers the whole of Westminster which is split into clusters to make it more manageable for our Engineers.
- Reporting to the M&E Supervisor
- To undertake scheduled, planned and reactive maintenance tasks proactively or as directed by the supervisor across the Westminster City Council estate
- Maintain buildings in appropriate condition and report to Hard Services management
- Respond to requests generated from the helpdesk and administered by Hard FM Management that are within operator’s capabilities within scheduled periods and accurately complete work order forms before returning as required
- Use Maximo and mobile device for the management of work on a daily basis and complete work within relevant timeframes to ensure that no penalties are incurred
- Immediately report any potentially dangerous situations for rectification to line manager or as appropriate
- Working 40 hours per week between 08:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday; this position will also be required to participate in the on-call rota
- Must hold a recognised mechanical trade apprenticeship and/or relevant qualifications to level 3 (theory and practice) in a relevant mechanical discipline with suitable industry experience
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.