Job Title: Principal Planning Officer
Pay: £40 - £60
Contract: 6 months initially
Location: East London - Hybrid Working Available
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be working with a local authority seeking an experienced and highly knowledgeable Principal Planning Officer.
- Prepare planning appeal evidence and appear as an expert witness for the Council at Public Inquiries, Informal Hearings and prepare statements for Written Representation appeals.
- Appear as a witness for the Council in the Magistrates and Crown Court as required.
- Provide pre-application advice on complex and/or major development proposals, including acting as lead officer co-ordinating the views of all relevant parties, and respond to general enquiries from all stakeholders of the service.
- Advise other members of the teams on difficult issues with which they are involved.
- Liaise with and assist the planning enforcement unit in the conduct of investigations and preparation of cases for enforcement action.
- Liaise with Senior Officers
- Degree in Planning or Planning related subject, Member of the RTPI
- Demonstrable knowledge of dealing with complex major planning projects to deliver successful outcomes
- Knowledge of supporting the preparation and adoption of planning policy documents and understanding of the statutory processes involved
The hiring manager is looking to meet with suitable candidates ASAP so if you meet the above criteria, please contact Josh Jones on (phone number removed) or (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.