Regional Engineering Manager
Location: London and surrounding areas (Hybrid with travel)
Salary: £60,991.82 - £ 68,754.42 per annum
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager with a track record of managing multiple busy sites? Are you ready to influence and raise the bar with regards to providing expert advice and guidance on safe operational delivery of building services to HMPPS sites?
We provide critical and time-bound services to the Ministry of Justice and are looking for facilities and site management professionals that can make a difference to the sites and the people we are responsible for.
We're four years young and growing in the provision of our on site solutions to the prison service and want applicants with:
- A HND, NVQ 4 or equivalent, ideally in an engineering discipline
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent health and safety qualification is desirable
- Formal qualifications and / or accredited training in mechanical or electrical building services engineering trade
- High levels of theoretical, operational and procedural engineering experience achieved through previous roles
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders or interested parties
- Extensive experience as a manager or supervisor in a technical building services role
- Experience of contract procurement practices is desirable
- Knowledge of planned preventive maintenance
- Ability to identify and solve complex engineering and operational problems, exploring options including cost, benefit and risk, taking account of the wider context such as diversity and sustainability
- Ability to write detailed technical engineering reports including considered and justified recommendations to senior management
- Ability to manage technical projects involving various teams and stakeholders, manage resources to support the delivery of achieving quality cost and programme targets
- Ability to explain and translate complex engineering information verbally and in written format to people of different technical knowledge and at different levels
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships and collaborate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to support the delivery of business outcomes
If you're ready for your new challenge, quick to learn, enthusiastic and willing to share your skills and experience and contribute, we want to hear from you.
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.
Explore a varied and rewarding career at GFSL
Welcome to careers at Gov Facilities Services Limited (GFSL). Joining us is your chance to help ensure prisons are secure and safe for prisoners and prison staff alike, and to play your part in helping prisoners reintegrate into society.
You will find a strong focus on safety, a supportive, inclusive workplace, a competitive benefits package, and real opportunity to build your skills and progress. Explore facilities careers where you can make difference.
Pride In People
We're passionate about promoting greater diversity and creating a workplace and culture where all of our employees have a voice that is heard, feel a sense of belonging and are empowered to be their true selves.
We recognise the value that every single employee brings to the organisation. Everyone's needs at work are different and we are committed to doing our best to satisfy these differences whilst ensuring consistency and fairness for all. We promise to champion diversity and inclusion with ongoing learning and training, as well as career progression opportunities for everyone.
GFSL has been notified by its shareholder (MOJ) that the provision of FM services will in future be delivered by the private sector. This means that following a successful procurement process, GFSL's services will transfer to a private sector provider/providers in Spring 2026. As the programme unfolds, we will learn more.
Pride in People - Do the Right thing - One Team
An ISO 9001 Certified Company
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.