We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solution (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
We are looking for Manufacturing Engineer for a 12 Month contract based in Bristol Hybrid on behalf of our globally respected client who develop cutting-edge technologies that deliver clean, safe and competitive solutions to meet the planet's vital power needs.
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for:
* On occasions be embedded with external suppliers and build professional working relationships so that you can effectively guide, assist, and crucially, influence them.
* Ensure that manufacturing processes are in full compliance to Health, Safety & Environmental standards and meet the expectations of the Zero Harm programme.
* Plan and manage activities including schedule, resources, and costs, gaining buy-off and communicating status to relevant stakeholders.
* Manage and resolve any arising issues and risks to meet project timescales.
* Ensure that manufacturing processes achieve and sustain the design intent, and that processes are followed so that our products and those of our suppliers conform to their specification.
* Work with interfacing teams and local experts to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes and digital systems are understood and accounted for as required.
* Undertake test and commissioning activities by defining the Product Test Specification and creating the Integrated Test Plan.
What we require from the candidate:
* Professionally Qualified Engineer (e.g. UK minimum HND/foundation degree or other national equivalent) * Be able to demonstrate experience in complex assembly operations within Marine, Defence, or other Engineering backgrounds. * Possess the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
* Have excellent attention to detail and can operate to deadlines without compromising standards or quality. * Be an excellent communicator and be able to establish professional close working relationships. You will be able to present updates and challenges in a clear and concise manner and be able to influence others.
* Have a general awareness of Manufacturing Systems and enabling software tools used to develop and analyse manufacturing processes (e.g. CAD/CAM, Statistical Process Control)
Next steps If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course. Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company. AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.