MAINTENANCE ENGINEER / NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME / c.£50,000
Exciting new opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join a market leading organisation, with a fantastic working environment and great team of people.
Broxap are a long standing, family-owned engineering business and market leader in the design and manufacture of street furniture, shelters, covered walkways and playground equipment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Maintenance Engineer to join our dynamic Maintenance Team. You'll be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery (mechanical, pneumatic and electromechanical). You will also carry out routine maintenance tasks and organise repairs as well as being involved with the control and monitoring of devices.
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 4:30pm, Friday 7.30am to 1.30pm.
You will also need the flexibility to be on call out of hours on a rota basis.
What’s on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary (circa £50K, Dependent on Experience)
- Pension plan
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Vibrant team which is rapidly expanding
- Discretionary annual profit share scheme
- Free hot & cold beverages, with onsite vending machines for cold drink and snacks
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer:
- Carrying out routine maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and ensuring equipment is working correctly
- Performing quality inspections on jobs
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Handling emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
- The work may involve extended periods working on the factory floor and to tight deadlines in response to breakdown emergencies.
- The work may involve out of hours working including nights and weekends
Skills & Experience Required:
- Qualified to NVQ 3 or equivalent ONC C&G P1 P2 2320 (essential)
- 18th Edition IEE Regulations (essential)
- Experience with Electrical / Manufacturing / Mechanical / Production engineering
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) programming experience
- Experience working on various plant and machinery
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- Teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- Time served (10 years +)
If you have the experience and engineering background to be successful in this Maintenance Engineer position, we would love to hear from you! APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.