Job title: Consultant Engineer - Systems Engineering (Architecture)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Frimley, Weymouth, Bristol or Farnborough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements for the role. There will be a requirement to attend Barrow-in-Furness when required by the business
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the development and management of the Systems Engineering tooling and infrastructure framework
- Providing coaching and ad hoc support to users of the Systems Engineering tools and infrastructure so that they are able to work effectively on practical engineering tasks
- Working closely with specialist engineers to ensure that their needs are incorporated and maintained within the Systems Engineering tooling and infrastructure
- Working closely with other Systems Engineering Leads to ensure that their needs are addressed in solutions that are implementable and supportable
- Monitoring relevant technical developments, such as model authoring tools and information management
Your skills and experiences:
- Good knowledge of the application of modern Systems Engineering methods to large scale system development, including to a variety of system types
- Experience of Systems Engineering technical methods and practices, including ontologies, modelling languages, architecture frameworks, processes and tooling
- Experience of modern information technology and methods such as cloud, secure by design, triple store databases, etc would be required
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent working experience
- Chartered status or be working towards it
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will be joining a newly formed team where our broad range of Systems teams cover all aspects of the products design throughout its lifecycle implementing a variety of tool and techniques tailored to support the specialist requirements of our products. From Agile methodologies to a Model Based Approach to Systems Engineering we are keen in maintaining our role as a leader in the field of Defence engineering by investing in our people.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 20th November 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.