We are hiring Mechanical and Electrical Design Engineers to join our growing team in Banbridge. The post holders will be responsible for working within multi-disciplined Engineering teams to deliver innovative design solutions for new concepts & customisation of existing products for our customers across the globe, ensuring delivery to cost, time, quality & adherence to strict aerospace regulations and suitability for manufacturing.
We are a part of one of the world’s largest aerospace companies based in Craigavon and Banbridge areas. We have regular opportunities for progression interdepartmentally. We began this journey 15 years ago with one great idea and handful of eager engineers with a shared creative vision. We’ve gained more than a few new recruits in that time, and a lot more factory floor space, but our passion for our products and flair for innovation has remained. We are proud to say that we’ve nurtured that creativity and grown the business to the top ten companies in our industry, worldwide and there’s more to come!
- Produce 3D models of parts & assemblies.
- Produce 2D detail drawings of parts and 2D assembly drawing.
- Produce electrical harness routing and equipment layouts.
- Produce 2D and 3DPDFs of electrical harness and equipment layouts.
- Assembly and BOM configuration.
- Release of engineering drawings following company release procedures.
- Change management of engineering drawings following company release procedures.
- Support prototype hardware build through NPI development.
- Contribute to design solutions.
- Work collaboratively as part of an integrated project team.
- Deliver work packages to the project plan.
- Work within the company procedures as laid out in the Design Office Handbook.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus (linked to company performance)
- Health cash plan (including Perks Discount)
- 33 days annual leave
- Contributory salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Discounted Gym membership
- £5,000 employee referral bonus (role dependant)
- Death in service at x4 gross salary
- Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee Recognition scheme
- Local charity / sponsorship activities
- Learning and development opportunities
- 3rd level qualification in relevant engineering or related discipline.
- Strong 3D CAD modelling skills.
- Previous experience in a Design and/or Engineering related role.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills including MS office tools.
- Experience of sheetmetal, machined or plastic vacuum formed part design & manufacturing processes.
- Experience of electrical equipment integration and layout modelling.
- Catia V5 / V6 design software.
- PLM software – enovia / smarteam.
We reserve the right to enhance criteria on shortlisting.
Thompson Aero Seating is an Equal Opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is the 31st December 2023 at 17:00
For further infomation contact (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.