Unlock Your Potential
Are you ready to embark on a journey of growth and professional development? Join our Graduate Development Programme and experience two years of comprehensive support and opportunities to excel in your chosen field. We are committed to nurturing your talents, building your confidence, and enriching your expertise.
Who are we?
Seventy-five years ago, we helped to create the nation's nuclear deterrent. Today, we're using our unrivalled knowledge of nuclear to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
In cleaning up the birthplace of the UK's nuclear industry, we are once again generating growth and employment in West Cumbria, the North West of England and beyond.
Our 11,000 strong workforce is joined by more than 40,000 people from the best of the best in the nuclear supply chain, from small Cumbrian businesses to global market leaders. We need this diversity of thinking, of backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
The Graduate Programme
The Graduate Development Programme is a two-year initiative crafted to realize your potential as an industry professional. Whether your aspirations lean towards business leadership or technical specialization, our programme equips you for success in both realms.
You can expect...
Structured Support: Throughout the two-year tenure, we will guide you towards achieving chartered status or other professional development. Our dedicated team will provide guidance and resources to facilitate your journey.
Diverse Placements: Gain exposure to various business areas through strategically designed placements. This experience will broaden your perspective and enhance your skill set.
Personalized Growth: We believe in holistic growth. Our programme is designed to bolster not only your technical proficiency within your discipline but also your understanding of the broader business landscape.
Behavioural Skills: Enhance your professional conduct through focused behavioural skill development. These skills are crucial for your effectiveness in a dynamic work environment.
Community and Support: Our thriving graduate community, overseen by elected representatives, fosters a sense of belonging. Engage in regular social activities that complement your hard work. Additionally, you will be paired with a graduate buddy, offering peer support during your transition to professional life.
We are looking for…
We are looking for graduates who have studied Civil Engineering or similar to join us in one of the following areas.
* Construction - 2:2 classification or above considered
* Engineering & Maintenance - 2:2 classification or above considered
* Design Engineering - Masters level required, and minimum of 2:1 classification
You will be asked during your application which of the above areas you would like to be considered for, more information on each of the above and the typical roles and responsibilities can be found by visiting: https://(url removed)/graduates-placements/graduates/programme-areas/
Please note: Working at Sellafield Ltd requires you to achieve both security and medical clearance throughout the on-boarding process.
What you will receive in return..
- Our graduates start off with a 24-month fixed term contract, with an excellent starting salary of £36,556, rising to £37,394 in your second year with us.
- Following successful completion of your graduate programme and subject to there being a suitable vacancy you will be retained on permanent basis with us.
- On top your annual salary, you'll have the opportunity to benefit from an annual bonus, linked to company performance, of up to £4000.
- If you're relocating here from more than 30 miles away, we'll support you with a relocation allowance of £1,400 and give you plenty of information on the best areas to live and how to find a place too. £1,400 can provide you with rent cover for up to 3-months in some areas of west cumbria.
- We know that moving on from university isn't always easy. That's why all our graduates can also apply for an interest free loan of £2,000 which you pay back through your monthly salary over your 24-month contract.
- We aim to strike a good work/life balance by offering 25.5 days' annual leave with statutory public holidays on top. There is also the ability to purchase an additional 3 days leave on top.
- We also offer an attractive defined contribution pension scheme - the company will match up to 13.5% for a 7% employee contribution.
- Other benefits include paid sick leave scheme, cycle to work scheme, family friendly policies, welfare & employee assistance programme, employee savings & discounts, plus many others.
Applications for our graduate programmes will close on 3rd December Online assessments and video interview stages will take place throughout November and December.
Our virtual assessment centres will run throughout December and January.*
*Please note, if you are unable to attend a virtual assessment during these months you may be unable to complete our application process.
Expected start date: late September 2024
Sellafield has a proud vision of Diversity & Inclusion that aims to attract candidates into an inclusive and supportive workplace. We are honoured to be recognised as a Level 3 Disability Confident Employer.
As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, you will be able to declare a disability when completing our application form or have the option to contact us directly should you require any assistance completing our application process.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.