We have a new opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician based in London who will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician will take part in all aspects of team’s activity as well as support the manager in running the workshops and coordinate team activity in projects and business as usual. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in an environment that is unique and where no two days will be the same. If you want to be challenged with your mechanical engineering creativity, this is the role for you.
The nature of the tasks and inherent responsibilities are liable to change. The role and the structure of Technical Production may change to respond to key project priorities and objectives over time. The job and its role will be subject to annual review and any adjustments in the role will be discussed and agreed with the post holder.
• Development, production, installation and maintenance of mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic components within our client’s exhibition programme.
• Be a representative for the Engineering team as part of larger cross-department multidisciplinary project-based teams.
• Ensure Health and Safety is a key component of planning and delivery for example: Ensuring that equipment use checklists are completed, annual equipment servicing is done and statutory inspections are undertaken up to date and documented.
• Coordinate and deliver the exhibition's planned preventative maintenance schedule.
• Proactively support the Engineering Manager in all team activity and deputise in his absence.
• Take a proactive approach to all aspects of personal development to increase skill set, improve productivity and gain the management skills needed to move to the next level as part of the team's succession plan.
• To be competent in financial systems and be able to monitor and track expenditures for reporting purposes.
• Completed a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship with C&G accreditation or equivalent. GCSE or equivalent: English, Maths and a science subject.
• Experience as the Engineering representative on a multi-disciplinary project team to develop and provide engineering solutions.
• Significant experience in the production and or interpretation of engineering drawings.
• Significant experience in the setting and operation of lathes and milling machines to fine tolerances.
• Significant experience in bench fitting.
• Significant experience in the use of general workshop equipment including pillar drills, grinders, polishers and bending machines.
• Significant experience in working of a variety of materials using the equipment above for example: Nylons, plastics, mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium, brass.
• Significant experience creating health and safety documentation and ensuring statutory compliance for example: Machine logs, risk assessments, method statements, inspection schedules and reports.
• Ability to work in a wide range of conditions and environments performing tasks with the manual dexterity relevant to the job description. For example, working at heights and working in a building site environment.
• Experience in the following areas would be desirable: gas, arc and TIG welding; use of CAD packages; electro-mechanical devices and control systems.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.