Our client is currently looking for a highly motivated Engineer/Senior Engineer to join one of the Infrastructure Teams within their London Office. You will join an ever-growing team, driving for success.
Their client base is predominantly large residential developers, with some industrial and commercial development, and our typical projects range from around 50 units up to several thousand dwellings. We deliver projects from initial feasibility stage, through planning and detail design and to construction stage. Our team specialises in drainage, highways and development infrastructure.
- Provide day to day project management and lead the design of multiple schemes across a range of clients
- Guide and support for junior members of the team, delegate and check work, ensuring deadlines are met and high-quality drawings and designs are delivered
- Checking drawing packages and calculations and ensuring they meet the required design standards
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, preparing of fee proposals, taking responsibility for financial control of projects, and undertaking business development
- The role will include the following design tasks, some of which you will delegate to junior staff.
- Developing Concept and Detailed Drainage Strategies.
- Developing Levels Strategies and Earthwork Appraisals.
- Producing Planning Documents such as Flood Risk Assessments/Drainage Technical Notes and Utilities Statements.
- Undertaking Due Diligence reviews to support the purchase of land.
- Detail design and construction drawings.
- Securing technical approval for S104, S38, S278 etc.
What you need to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound technical ability and understanding of relevant documents such as SSG, Building Regulations, DMRB and Ciria C753
- Experience in working for a consultancy on development schemes is favourable
- Drive to develop both themselves and others
- Ability to use MicroDrainage and AutoCad at an advanced level is essential, and an understanding of Civils 3d would be beneficial
- Experience in pre-planning and planning stage projects as well as a good understanding of detail design and technical approval (S104, S38, S278, etc) is required
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.