Maintenance Engineer - Melton Mowbray
Maintenance Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out assigned tasks in mechanical and electrical repairs from work requested by the maintenance supervisor or when outside of dayshift hours shift supervision.
- Carry out repairs and health and safety checks as required to maintain high safety standards to satisfy health and safety legislation.
- Report dangerous and unsafe machinery and respond to health and safety failures to provide corrective actions or isolation of faulty plant.
- Assist in the assessment of risks and carrying out repairs by safe methods of work for all tasks as assigned by the supervisor. Ensure that work carried out unsupervised is to the same standard of safe working to ensure the safety of yourself and any others who may be affected.
- In liaison with Production, implement planned maintenance and repairs to ensure the smooth operation of all production plant. Provide a safe, flexible, skilled service covering 24/7 operation to minimise lost manufacturing time and consequential costs.
- The Maintenance Engineer will ensure cost effective and reliable maintenance of all site utility services (gas, water, electricity, etc). Evaluate, recommend, and implement energy saving and continuous improvements to the plant.
Maintenance Engineer Qualification and Skills:
Ideally the jobholder will be multiskilled and hold electrical qualifications and have some years’ experience of maintaining plant and equipment. Must be able to work within a team and demonstrate initiative and fault-finding skills in dealing with repairs. The person must have the attitude and ability to learn new skills and processes to be found in the business.
Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
- 25.5 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A platform employees can access to get discount from a variety of retailers, electrical, holiday, supermarkets, entertainment etc.
- Long Service Awards
- Company Bonus Scheme
We have 3 Maintenance Engineer roles working 6-2, 2-10, 10-6 working Mon-Fri on a rotational basis.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.