Emsans are looking for Planners to work within the defence sector based in Reading, Berkshire.
The site-based role is to work under the supervision of the lead planner and specific work package manager to develop a detailed delivery & procurement schedule for external Civils Works or internal mechanical and electrical fit out works on a major project.
My client helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
The role requires Security Clearance at SC level therefore the ability to obtain clearance is essential.
· Application of technical and construction knowledge to produce and manage integrated programmes
· To coach the operational project teams on planning elements of their work and integrate and communicate effectively with the project team
· Interface directly with supply Chain and undertake regular reviews
· Work closely with the site team to maximise the potential of the project
· Coordinate the supply chain to achieve production targets and key milestones
· Manage programme related elements of the risk mitigation plan / opportunity plan
- Proficient with Primavera P6 in an enterprise environment
- Previous site experience in delivering projects to programme
- Experience in the implementation and use of earned value analysis (schedule and performance management)
- Experience of developing WBS/OBS and development of schedules from limited information
- Ability to integrate M&E/Civils, General building and complex plant work packages to achieve programme
- Understand Planning and Construction processes and able to recommend methods of construction and able to seek opportunities and problem solve with the design and engineering team and supply chain to identify programme and production opportunities
- Experience of Critical Path analysis/late starts early starts/finishes
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV and I will be in contact with more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.