Project Change Advisor is required working within the Client Organisation responsible for the New High-Speed Rail project in the UK this is a multi-billion-pound high-speed railway to directly link the city centres of: London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester. The role is placed within The Euston Partnership which is a non-corporate collaboration between Network Rail (NR) Infrastructure Limited and High Speed 2 (HS2) Ltd, under sponsorship from the Department for Transport (DfT) to optimise outcomes from the estimated £7.5bn public investment in Euston.
First and foremost, the successful candidate will be a Relationship builder able to form relationships with senior individuals across several organisations (HS2, Network Rail, DfT, Lendease). They will have some experience of Project Controls, which, could be from working in a PMO or as APM, project sponsorship, transformation and understand Change Impacts – Change Control Process. The role requires an organised individual who is agile and wants to drive innovation and keen to make a difference.
Working within the Strategy & PMO team of 4 within The Euston Partnership (TEP) reporting to the Strategy & PRM Director. The Project Change Advisor will be accountable for shepherding trade off and change proposals at Euston through the governance system, delivering the secretariat function across key TEP meetings and managing the programme’s change control process. This role will lead and maintain continuously improving Governance and Change Management responsibilities that will enable TEP to achieve timely approval of changes as well as strategic improvements of processes and documentation.
Progression & Development
The opportunities for progression and development are a huge part of this role firstly the role reports to a Professional APM coach & keen Mentor who enjoys developing people and was keen to stress find the right individual was key even if they don’t have all the experience because many of the skills can be taught. Working in a small but senior team which is working on a £7.5bn development of Euston working with industry leader across multiple organisations (HS2, Network Rail, DfT, Lendease) can be a career defining role and be a springboard to a career within Project Controls, Sponsorship, Project management, Change, Transformation etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Strategy & PMO Director, The Euston Partnership’s MD, Partnership Board Chairman, HS2 and Network Rail station Directors, and the Department for Transport in forward planning of change proposals and how they will work through governance.
- Work with stakeholders across all partners to develop the forward look of potential changes, advising Panel/Board chairs on the drumbeat of change proposals and priority areas.
- Deliver and oversee the secretariat function across key The Euston Partnership’s (TEP) meetings including the Partnership Board.
- Design, development and implementation of Euston Partnership Governance and Change Control Process
- Manage TEP’s change control process, incl. integration managing integration across organisations including with HS2/Network Rail/Lendlease.
- Advises Strategy & PMO Director on governance changes and advice to TEP on governance in general through engagement with senior stakeholders and forums (i.e. Euston Partnership Board, NR/HS2 Chairman).
- Ensures consistency in approach and adherence to governance deadlines.
- Accountable for the maintenance of template forms, guidance materials and proliferate best practice completed forms.
- Monitor processes and performance, in order to identify, recommend and implement strategic solutions for process improvement initiatives within Governance and Change management.
- Set up and manage the governance arrangements for the Enhanced Euston Partnership, escalating any risk/issues to TEP Board as required.
- Act as the single point of contact and coordinator for all things relating to the Community Review Panel.
- Secretariat for: Strategy & PMO Director and across all major TEP governance boards / forums.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
The successful candidate will be a Relationship builder, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills confident working with senior individuals. Ideally the person will have project/programme experience within the infrastructure industry and have understanding of Change Control Process and the impacts of change – this could come from experience within a PMO, as an APM/Project controller perhaps in Project Sponsorship. The role requires an organised individual who is agile and wants to drive innovation and keen to make a difference.
Leadership, programme management and direction skills, to ensure deliverables are provided within time, cost and quality criteria;
Ability to identify governance process risks and issues and, with groups of stakeholders, to develop mitigation plans or solutions, in priority order to realise the most significant benefits;
Ability to produce documents and reports and present to a variety of stakeholders, with
Ability to coordinate groups of stakeholders to agree requirements;
Ability to use project management techniques;
Ability to work effectively across teams and lead improvements through matrixed relationships
Data compilation and analysis skills;
IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalent;
Ability to access, analyse and maintain information from multiple IT databases and systems.
- A understanding of the design and construction processes (RIBA & PACE) as well as wider approvals processes such as planning approvals.
- An ability to talk confidently with technical experts with a broad knowledge of the schemes and key technical challenges.
- Knowledge of best practice Governance and Change processes
- Key is to understand Change Impacts – Change control process.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field (nice to have)
Type of Experience:
- Experience/capability of working with very senior people and the ability to influence
- Experience of operating within a project/programme environment;
- Experience of compiling and analysing data using Excel (or equivalent), GIS and database reporting tools; - Competent Microsoft skill including excel suffice
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships
- Experience of chairing and facilitating meetings, keeping everyone to the agenda, ensuring actions are recorded and followed up.
- Experience of prioritising issues to be escalated and influencing Senior Leaders to get requests approved
- Experience of writing and critiquing papers and reports.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.