Principle Duties :
- To comply with the Companies Health & Safety procedures.
- To arrive at a thorough understanding of the following documentation in order to fully define the electrical scope of works
- Client Particular and General Specifications
- Handover documentation received from the Project Engineering Department
- Company Specifications
- Company Engineering Design Notes
- To design, in accordance with British Standards (or equivalents as necessary), Company Standards, the Specification and, where appropriate, the "handover documentation" the electrical engineering scope of works - always bearing in mind the requirements of, and the effects on, other engineering disciplines.
- To identify and properly document all variations to and deviations from the Handover Documentation/Specification.
- To comply with the Company Procedures and Work Instructions which form part of the company's Quality Assurance System.
- To prepare, in conjunction with the CAD Operators as necessary, detailed drawings and specifications from the electrical engineering scope of works as defined by the Process and Instrumentation Diagrams and to be responsible for the checking thereof.
- To prepare requisitions for equipment, materials and services for submission to Purchasing, to assess the technical content of returned quotations, to check orders prepared by Purchasing for technical correctness, to respond to technical queries raised by vendors.
- To monitor sub-contractors engaged by Doosan Enpure Ltd to provide control systems and to co-ordinate and attend acceptance tests at sub-contractors premises and at site.
- To carry out inspections and conduct ex-works tests of control panels, generators and other specialist electrical equipment, etc.
- If required, to monitor site electrical works ensuring they are conducted to specification, programme and budget.
- To assist in site testing and site commissioning work where asked to by the Engineering Manager.
- To manage agreed own and allocated man-power resources such that effort is efficiently spent in the design and procurement of the electrical engineering scope of works, all within budget and to programme.
- To communicate fully with the Project Manager/Engineer, other members of the team, other departments and section of the company, the Client, vendors and sub-contractors on matters relating to the project.
- To assist in the production, tracking and reporting of the project programme.
- To contribute to the preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- To fully participate in the development of procedures and systems for use within the Electrical Engineering Department.
- To comply with all Health and Safety responsibilities commensurate
- Any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned from time to time.
HNC/D in electrical engineering or equivalent level qualification, plus demonstrable experience relevant to the seniority of the position.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.