Development of the motor controls software and complex device drivers (CDD) for ASM and PMSM electric motors within Magna Inverters and eDrive systems.
• Responsible for the embedded software design/development and configuration to create or modify existing motor controls base software (developed in C code) for eDrive Systems. Ensure a configurable, extendable/reusable eDrive and Motor Control Platform is achieved.
• Requirements analysis and software architecture design for the basic software (BSW) of the control units.
• Creation of the base software module design including documentation of the implementation and adaptation rules.
• Implementation of the individual modules in accordance with internal coding guidelines and implementation of the necessary integration tests.
• Functional analysis and development.
• Requirement-based development according to Automotive SPICE.
• Innovative software development for electric vehicles specifically for electric motors.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor of Science in engineering required (Electrical, Software, Computer Science, Controls Engineering or similar preferred).
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing, configuring, and optimizing c code for different platforms.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in C,C++.
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR architecture preferred.
- Experience working on eDrive technology and/or BLDC motor control is strongly preferred.
- Experience with data logging and calibration tools (CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe) and Version Control systems (e.g. PTC Integrity, GIT, SVN) preferred.
- Experience developing low level drivers for Infineon Aurix Processor Families.
- Experience with debugging tools (Lauterbach).
- Exposure to auto-code generation of embedded software preferred.
- Knowledge of Automotive SPICE, Functional Safety/ ISO26262, and Cyber Security industry standards as it applies to software development strongly preferred.
- Must have good presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate to all levels within the company (production line to director level).Experience of project and/ or programme management.
Personal Attributes / Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and flexible team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Good presentation, report writing and communication skills.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.