- Engineering, development, integration and validation of safety systems (autonomous braking, adaptive cruise control, and airbag control systems) and security systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture in collaboration with Functional Departments, technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Development and maintenance of requirements specifications, timing plans, systems calibration and validation requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Guidance to EDS and Packaging teams to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
- Manage compliance with any necessary functional safety, legislative, electrical, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Lead system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, test planning and functionality tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Represent the Electrical Department in status meetings and engineering reviews. Represent GMG in external working groups relating to ADAS in low volume automotive.
- Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure. Acting as an authority for concessions.
- Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Proven track record in safety or security systems development, engineering or calibration within an automotive engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of relevant ADAS, safety or security standards. ISO26262 functional safety and EuroNCAP would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Articulate, self-motivated and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.