We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2022 and beyond…
The UK business is organised into four Strategic Business Units (SBU’s) with its core disciplines aligned as follows:
- Planning & Advisory: Environmental, Planning, Transport and Project & Commercial Services;
- Property & Buildings: Building Structures, Building Services and Building Specialists;
- Transport & Infrastructure: Highways, Rail, Civil Structures;
- Water, Energy & Industry: Power, Water and Process Engineering
The Planning Discipline has particular strengths in the following:
- Planning Consultancy – largely focussed on the development sectors
- Development Planning – focussed on transport planning in support of the consenting process across the development and infrastructure sectors
- Development Infrastructure – with a keen focus on development-related infrastructure and associated client commercial drivers and risk mitigation
- Infrastructure Planning – supporting DCO, TWAO and other regulatory consenting across the highways, rail, energy, water and other infrastructure sectors
- Planning Information Management – largely land referencing plus associated land advisory services in support of major infrastructure projects
This role sits in the Development Sector working closely with the Operations Director and Operational Leads of primarily the Development Planning Team with support to both the Planning Consultancy and Development Infrastructure teams.
Your new role, what's involved?
The Project Administrator would be responsible for supporting the Operations Director and Operational Team Leads to deliver project support around budget delivery, project set up and monitoring and prospect capture.
The successful candidate will be working with project managers to ensure project information is captured within business management systems throughout the project lifecycle. Duties may include:
- Ensuring projects are billed within the month cycle
- Ensuring project forecasting is completed on a monthly cycle
- Recording and updating prospect data in within business management systems
- Setting up prospects and gathering sufficient data to convert to live projects
- Working with Operational Leads to drive data quality across teams
- Setting up clients and suppliers in our business management systems
A proficient administrator or someone starting their project management career who can demonstrate a high level of organisation and collaboration with senior staff. Demonstrates the desire to constantly improve business data and support others to achieve that goal.
Actively champions sharing knowledge and ideas. Facilitate workshops and training sessions around project processes and financial management. Establishing and building professional relationships with relevant internal staff. Apply a systematic process to finding solutions to data errors.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of working in a highly organised and time critical environment
- Hold an introductory APM qualification or willing to obtain in post
- Able to reason logically and apply a systematic process to finding solutions
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively
- Able to establish and build strong professional relationships
- Experience of delivering outcomes in line with business management systems
- Proficient at MS Excel
What's in it for you?
- Work-life balance?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
- Inclusivity & Diversity?
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers. At work we celebrate integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people come together and do great things.
Our VIBE (LGBT + employee), Women in Leadership, CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity), WSP Connect (visible and non-visible disabilities) and our Gender Balance Group help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential. Belonging@WSP.
- Health & Wellbeing?
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
- Flex your time?
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time working where required, and new for 2022, is the ability to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.