Are you a qualified Quantity Surveyor with highways experience seeking a new challenge in Manchester?
The One Trafford partnership between Amey and Trafford Council works to deliver Environmental, Highways, Streetlighting and Technical Services for Trafford.
We’re looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to own and commercially lead the highways and street lighting programs under this partnership. In this role, you will also be responsible for commercially developing and managing capital delivery programs. With a current turnover of £20 million per year and you will have the opportunity to grow the contract within Greater Manchester.
This permanent, full time role offers flexible and hybrid working. You can expect to be at the office in Trafford for 2-3 days per week.
This role requires solid previous experience managing commercial contracts ideally within the highways, street lighting or public services sector.
You will be a qualified Quantity Surveyor, with a proven history of delivering capital projects; including the management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the Amey systems, processes and procedures to deliver post contract management
- Work within the strict deadlines required under the Contract and as required by the Company
- Prepare commercial reports including Cost Value Reconciliations and cash flows
- Exercise full cost control of projects including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
- Leading on the production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
- Assist and advise the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager in ensuring timely issuing of all notices required under the Contract
- Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent) is desirable
- Competent in MS Office
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Methodical style of working
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
A proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role with highways experience
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 37.5 hour working week
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.