Reed are looking for a Planning Enforcement Officer.
As Planning Enforcement Officer you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing our growth clients with high quality, customer focussed, timely and outcome-based Enforcement Services. You will be accountable for:
This role is based in Manchester.
Our client is a local authority, making it an ideal place to work and embed your long term career.
What is the day-to-day of the role:
* Handling a full range of planning enforcement investigations.
* Preparing accurate, concise, balanced and robust written reports and recommendations.
* Ensuring that all investigations are delivered on time having regard to local enforcement plans, frameworks and performance indicators.
* Contributing towards enforcement appeals in written representations cases.
* Conducting investigations and interviews under the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
* Contributing to ideas for service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness whilst project managing your work to ensure client KPI's are met/exceeded in terms of timeliness and quality of output, adding value wherever possible.
* Provide advice on planning enforcement matters to stakeholders
Required Skills and Qualifications:
*Degree qualified in Planning or equivalent experience (essential). Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute desirable but not essential;
* High level of ability to prioritise and manage a workload whilst working flexibly to meet both the commercial and contractual needs of the business.
* Demonstrable experience of working as an Enforcement Officer in the public/private sector.
* A demonstrable level of knowledge and understanding and application of current and emerging planning legislation.
* Being ambitious to enhance the reputation of the Planning Enforcement service for innovation, quality and timeliness of delivery
* Experience of dealing with planning appeals
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of planning policy and practice and an understanding of a wide range of areas of public sector policy relating to town planning (essential).
* Driving licence.
*A competitive basic salary (£25K - £32.5K)
* 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
* The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
* Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
* Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
The best way to apply for this role is to apply with your CV on this advert, and a consultant of Reed will give you a call.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.