Role: Senior Operations Engineer
Contract Length:6 Months
Security Clearance: SC
Advantage Resourcing are recruiting for a Senior Operations Engineer to join a Government department.
Establishing and maintaining IT and digital communication infrastructure, including wireless or LAN networks
* Establishing and maintaining digital communication software, including email, user logins and passwords; this includes setting up new employees with company email accounts and providing them with access to the network, as well as troubleshooting for existing employees.
* Training new staff to operate within the company's IT systems and ensuring that new staff are aware of company communication policies
* Making sure that the networks are protected from malware and viruses, identifying areas that might be under threat and areas where security can be improved, keeping up to date on ever-changing cyber-threats
* Performing Network (WAN, LAN, WLAN and Firewall) configuration, deployment, troubleshooting and administration as required.
* Providing technical support and assistance to employees.
* Performing analysis and collecting data to establish improvements
* Working with third-party providers to keep the networks running efficiently
* Creating and performing authorised changes to environments, attending CABs where necessary
* Ensuring technical documentation is updated to professional standards
* Assisting with acceptance into service into operational support for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades
* Liaison with third party vendors and escalation when necessary
* Contributing to delivering team performance
* Coaching and mentoring more junior Network Engineers
Specialist Skills & Knowledge:
* Senior Network Engineers are required to have over five years of experience working within a Network Engineer role or IT support role.
* Experience of working within a Service Desk Environment
* Knowledge of ITIL aligned service management tools
* 2nd Line technical support skills, with experience of liaising with and working with 3rd line technical support
* Experience of enterprise grade networking environments
* Experience of Software Defined Network technologies, especially SD-WAN, preferably Cisco/Viptela
* Experience of working with large scale switching, routing, firewall and other network technologies
* Demonstrating excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Strong background with core network, computer and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
* Building effective partnerships with diverse teams across multiple locations and technologies
* Understanding how trends and practices outside your team will impact you work, how your current work fits in the broader context and strategy and looks for underlying opportunities
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.