Building and Civil Engineering Project Manager - Falklands Islands - TAX FREE!!!!!
Profitable delivery of Customer Works and projects to a high level of safety, to the required quality standards and specification, on time and within budget
- Project Management of Building and Construction related works both of a minor and/or major nature as passed to you as part of an Annual Funded Programme.
- Carry out airfield pavement inspections and produce reports detailing recommendations.
- Carry out Roads inspections and produce reports detailing recommendations.
- Oversee B&CE supervisor and related works as requested.
- Ensure that you effectively manage the expectations of our Customers and constantly deliver services safely, on time, within budget and to specification and to the Customer's satisfaction.
- Ensure that all of your works under your responsibility, irrespective of size are carried out in full compliance with legislative requirements and Health and Safety Policy and quality system.
- Demonstrate accurate financial monitoring and control of all works under your control, ensuring that your commitment value on any works never exceeds the Firm Price (FP)
- Facilitate the Coordination of CDM projects in conjunction with QSHE Manager
- Organise work load to minimise lost time, or non productive time.
- Carry out role of Duty Manager as part of rota and respond to emergency call outs as and when required.
- Maintain meticulous records, labour records and appropriate overtime sheets for all tasks completed, ensuring all valid risk assessments and method statements are in place.
- Ensure that all of your works are accurately entered into the Maximo IT System, percentages and progress maintained and all works are completed in the system as the works are done.
- Qualify and carry out the duties for Authorised Person in Masts and Towers and confined Spaces.
- Keep the Head of Projects updated on a weekly basis of progress, successes, issues and concerns on all of your works.
- Produce reports on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- 16 Control and monitor the performance of all suppliers, contractors and consultants employed on your project works; safety, cost, programming etc
- Prepare and update project planning to provide sufficient and accurate timelines and critical path control of each project under your control.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager, or Management team
Attribute / Criteria Essential /Desirable
Education /Qualifications /Training
- Educated to HND level (or equivalent) in construction industry.
- Have a strong emphasis towards Building and Civil Roads, Pavements and Airfields.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in construction industry.
- Qualified (or be capable of working towards) authorised person in Masts and Towers and Confined Spaces
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of facilities management in the maintenance and construction industry.
- Must be able to produce detailed designs and specifications, read drawings · Experienced in designing and overseeing varied sized maintenance and new works, will be responsible for Financial & Quality control inspections and testing where required including Health & Safety.
- ideally from PFI, Civils or other construction backgrounds, refurbishment works would be considered
- Previous experience in the Falkland Islands or working abroad would be an advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- Full driving license.
- A proven member of a multi-skilled team
- A wide range of experience in project management of a construction nature
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be computer literate - Word, Excel, Microsoft Project & Web Access. · A meticulous approach to record keeping.
- Proven ability in supervising/coordinating others.
You will be paid salary, monthly site allowance and a bonus at the 13 th and 27 th month. Hours of work are 44.5 per week. The contract duration is 27.5 months unaccompanied (Can only accommodate yourself) with 74 days leave excluding weekends. Air/sea transport for agreed holiday periods will be at Company's expense. Free accommodation, meals at mess and work clothing will be provided. Tax free status on island.
- Falkland Islands ( FIQQ 1ZZ )
- Full Time
- Notice period 2 months
- Hours worked per week - 44.5hrs
- 33 days leave excluding weekends. There will also be an entitlement to the Ascension Island Bank Holidays.
- Length of tour = 27.5 months
- Site allowance: 5% Monthly
- Tour bonus: 10% after completion of 27.5 months
Compliance requirements - BPSS Security
If this role would be of any interest at all please apply with your CV or call Jamie on (phone number removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.