Location: Bristol, BS32 4NH
Salary: Competitive plus benefits - DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: 6 to 12-months PAYE Fixed Term Contract
• Company Pension scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Programmes
The Ortec Group offers a high value-added engineering service. Founded on the expertise of engineers and technicians, combining knowledge of industrial sectors, field culture with more than 30 years’ experience, Ortec Engineering is 40 agencies in France, a presence on four continents and two offshore production centres.
Design engineering provides a varied foundation of complementary skills to meet a broad range of traditional technical engineering needs. To facilitate discussions and to be more responsive and available, the Ortec Group has chosen local offices: located as close as possible to our customers, they bring together all the trades involved in a given project in one place.
Civil Engineer - The Role:
As part of the expansion of our Engineering and Projects activities, we are recruiting Engineers to support us in our growth in the Nuclear Energy sector. We are looking for Engineers who have experience in the nuclear sector, either within the generation fleet, EPR nuclear new build (Olkiluoto, Flamanville, Taishan or Hinkley Point C) or another relevant nuclear site (Sellafield, ITER…)
Sonovision will provide a Training program based on ORTEC experiences in French Nuclear engineering if required.
Civil Engineer - Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Main Activities are:
• Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data.
• Produces deliverables for which they are responsible (design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes; technical specifications; calculation notes).
• Coordinate the work of CAD Designers.
• Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models and drawings.
• Contribute to the surveillance of the anchorages designed by the equipment suppliers.
• Contribute to CDM reviews, create and maintain the Design Risk Register.
• Load evolution tracking and civil design margin management
• Liaise with site based engineering teams to facilitate the construction.
• Liaise with subject matter experts.
The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in civil engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant experience
• Civil engineering design office experience, particularly in the design of industrial reinforced concrete structures
• Experience of the HPC project
• Knowledge of and/or experience of civil engineering design contracts in the nuclear sector or other heavily regulated industry (such as oil & gas, rail,…)
• Project management qualification and/or experience
Please note, candidates must successfully undergo UK Security Vetting before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is Baseline Security Check (BPSS).
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to be successful within this role, click ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.