We understand the impact our work has on our society and the environment. It’s the difference we make that improves people’s lives and helps the economy to grow. We work alongside our customers to deliver resilient, bespoke infrastructure solutions that keep the taps running, the energy flowing and people connected. The work we do together matters.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and oversee production of civil designs. Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact on society? Do you want to work flexibly in a way that empowers you?
With Avove Design, you’ll work with UK Water companies and high-profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
- Responsibility for planning and managing the delivery of the design element of the project, including resource time, cost and quality.
- Be able to take on significant elements of the design either working on their own initiative, with minimal supervision or by taking a lead role working within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Develop designs in accordance with the client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of project budgets including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare, check and be able to present to others engineering solutions be that drawings, reports, calculations etc.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and other relevant stakeholders.
Skills and Experience:
- You are computer literate and thoroughly conversant with the MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages such as AutoCAD and Synergi
- Have good communication skills in dealing with clients, colleagues, project partners, the supply chain and the public
- Employ a client focused approach to service delivery
- BSc/BEng qualified. Working towards Chartered Engineer status and membership of a relevant institution (e.g. MICE, MCIWEM). Individuals with qualifications that do not fully match the above criteria but have the relevant experience are still invited to apply.
We offer a competitive salary that is based on proven skills and experience. Hard work is celebrated and rewarded. We recognise that one size doesn’t fit all so everyone has access to a variety of flexible benefits that work for you.
- Min. 24 days holiday plus statutory holidays (option to buy more)
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A selection of lifestyle benefit options
- Financial wellbeing programme
- Employee assistance program for health and wellbeing and onsite mental health first aiders to support our colleagues
We love to give back so we offer you volunteering days in your community and charity matched giving where we will boost your fundraising. Our main value is to “Move Life Forward” and we are committed to developing our colleagues and encouraging personal growth, in conjunction with a flexible working approach so everyone can thrive in an inclusive and open environment.
We encourage you to apply for this role as soon as you can. We recognise talent waits for no one, so we progress candidates independently through all stages of recruitment process.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.