We have great opportunities for Design Engineers to join us at Stannah to research and develop new product concepts.
As a design engineer at Stannah you will be able to use your technical knowledge, creative flair, and passion for designing in the role.
The design engineers are responsible for improving products that move people and goods in around the home and public buildings, and also designing related assisted living products.
You might work on new products or improve existing ones, and use your understanding of technology, materials, and manufacturing methods to improve the design and usability of an item.
We are looking for design engineers who have previously created and implemented great technology for high quality reliable products. It is essential that you have a strong understanding of safety and reliability and the ability to resolve technical challenges thoroughly, validating through appropriate test methods.
To be successful in the role you will ideally have basic knowledge and understanding of electromechanical systems and have a pro active approach to work.
The roles can be worked on a hybrid basis between the office and home.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or science discipline, preferably Mechanical Product Design
- Good working knowledge of 3D CAD
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme, which is paid to all employees each quarter, based on Group Company profits
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension Scheme, matched contribution/salary sacrifice
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan which allows you to claim towards health costs such as dental and optical as well as physiotherapy, chiropody and flu vaccinations.
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Long Service award scheme, with additional holiday benefit
- Company Benefits Discount and Rewards Scheme which includes shop discounts, hotel discounts, days out and more
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity provision
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.