Site/Engineering Manager - Weber - Saint Gobain - Site based role in Flitwick
At Saint-Gobain, we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a 'Top Employer' for 6 consecutive years. If you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it's like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Site / Engineering Manager based in Flitwick
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you've never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you're just as likely to be a great fit!
At Weber, we work and live by our theme of 'We Care' we care about our customers, our employees and the homes they live in.
We're here to support our colleagues - we offer access to colleague wellbeing resources including our Employee Assistance Programme and our managers are Mental Health trained to support our workplace. We encourage every colleague to develop and provide the training support required to enable achievement of future
The overall purpose of the role is to direct, coordinate and manage the overall site and the plant's operational performance. Maintaining compliance to National, Group and Local Safety and Environmental regulations and laws. Assures that the plant's quality and customer delivery objectives are achieved at the optimum cost. The glue that holds the site together.
The roles direct reports predominantly focus on the production function of the site but the role alongside their engineering staff have duty holder responsibilities and authority over all functions and facilities on the site in regards to compliance including offices and shared facilities.
- Overall site responsibility for all matters related to EHS, legislative compliance and liaison with external bodies
- Ensures that the health and safety of the staff/visitors is given the highest priority and the plant operates within agreed standards and norms
- Prompt reporting, investigation and closure of actions of EHS incidents and a continuous proactive reduction in identified EHS risks / root causes
- Takes personal responsibility for own and team safety and promotes safe working practices across the business so as to cause zero harm in the workplace and keep everyone safe
- Has systems in place to ensure data accuracy is recognised as the key to improvement by all reports. Responsible for the management of waste off site
- Has a plan to achieve the company long term vision and communicates this clearly and effectively to the site.
- Manages the sites operational budget ensuring targets are met and exceeded (safety, delivery, quality, adherence to schedule, efficiency, capacity planning) at optimum cost
- Creation and achievement of Material Balance and OEE improvement plans
- Leads the sites IBP and WCM programs
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 5 years' people management experience in a senior leadership role within an operational environment
- Experience in leading a change management program delivering a continuous improvement culture
- Degree or equivalent - ideally manufacturing / engineering discipline.
- WCM Instructor (or equivalent)
- NEBOSH- beneficial but training can be given to successful candidate.
Permanent Role Package / Benefits
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- 37.50 Hours Per Week
- Competitive Salary + Car and IT Equipment
- 25 Days holidays + Bank Holidays
- Bonus Scheme (up to 20%)
- Pension - 4% contribution (Increasing with Service)
- Life Assurance - 2 x salary / 4 x salary in pension scheme
- Staff Discount - Across Saint-Gobain Brands
Are Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.