Manufacturing Engineer – Aerospace
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing, repair and overhaul of landing gear, actuation systems, and components for the Aerospace market.
Our global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of our employees, which is why we believe in encouraging professional development. We provide our team with continuous training, whilst fostering a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in our success. We have 18 sites in North America and Europe, with a team of over 1,960 people.
The Role – Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, as a Manufacturing Engineer you’ll undertake an interesting and varied role, that will require you to define, support and continuously improve the manufacturing methods that enable products to be manufactured safely and efficiently to the highest quality. This will include supporting colleagues with manufacture / assembly and hydraulic test related issues.
Your remit will involve the creation, modification, and maintenance of manufacturing plans and bills of materials for workstreams using the company ERP system. You will be providing support with rework instruction and corrective actions, and the design and modification of tooling and fixtures to aid landing gear assembly.
Supporting new product introduction, and involvement in continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives will form part of the role, as well as leading engineering investigations when required.
Our Requirements – Manufacturing Engineer
- Solid background within engineering
- Machine shop and/or assembly experience within an Aerospace environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Processing and Plating techniques – Chrome, HVOF, Nickel, Zinc Nickel and Cadmium
- Working knowledge of hydraulic actuation systems
- Experience of Infor LN ERP system, or creation of BOMs and planning within another ERP system (e.g. SAP or BAAN)
- Experience of Quality tools and root cause corrective action
- Working knowledge of Solidworks for tool and Fixture design
- Experience of PFMEA activity in manufacturing
- Experience in creation of Risk Assessments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrable leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills
Although not essential, experience of CATIA and CATIA Composer is desirable.
The Package – Manufacturing Engineer
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice healthcare scheme
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm, and Friday 8am to 1pm, at our manufacturing site in Runcorn.
All applications for this Manufacturing Engineer - Aerospace vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.