I'm recruiting a Lead Design Engineer / Technical Manager to join a specialist manufacturer in Southampton.
As part of the Senior Management team, this is a unique opportunity to join a growing company, leading a small technical team whilst remaining hands-on and engaging with various internal and external stakeholders.
Previous experience may have been as a Lead Design Engineer, Engineering Manager, Design Manager, Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Lead Project Engineer, or Technical Project Manager.
- Oversee a small team of Design/Project Engineers
- Oversee manufacturing improvements
- Liaising with customers on-site
- Hands-on Design work with 3D CAD Package
- Strong Mechanical background, ideally with a formal qualification
- Experience leading technical teams or individuals
- 3D CAD modelling experience - Solidworks, AutoCAD 3D or similar
- Strong knowledge of engineering materials or materials science
- Previous experience may have been in material handling, capital equipment, automotive, aerospace, sheet metal fabrication
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes such as heat treatment & surface coating
- Comfortable with occasional UK and international travel
- Located within commutable distance of Southampton
- 22 days holiday per year + Bank holidays + an extra day's holiday for every 4 years of service
- 37 Hour week with half an hour for lunch
- Company healthcare scheme
- Mobile phone
- Death in service benefit - Twice annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme
WR Engineering are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering, manufacturing & technical sales jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.