We understand the impact our work has on our society and the environment. It’s the difference we make that improves people’s lives and helps the economy to grow. We work alongside our customers to deliver resilient, bespoke infrastructure solutions that keep the taps running, the energy flowing and people connected. The work we do together matters.
The Avove Design team is recruiting for Senior Civil Engineers with an interest in Water/Wastewater Engineering to work in our dedicated Design and Construct (D&C) teams currently delivering an expanding workload for our Clients on a number of D&C frameworks throughout the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team on a wide variety of projects covering all aspects of Wastewater and Water networks, and treatment facilities through the project lifestyle from feasibility design through detailed design to construction.
The position will be based in our Eurocentral office and will involve a mixture of hybrid working.
You will have the opportunity to work on both challenging and exciting projects of a technical nature designing excellent services and solutions for our wide client base by assisting the team in all relevant projects and activities to meet Avove and client objectives and needs.
Working as part of a team, you will acquire a portfolio of technical knowledge and transferable skills that will give you a wide choice of careers options.
- Ensure that health and safety in design development is at the forefront of our work
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Undertake supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
- Assist in the professional development of project team members
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check of feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Comply with the requirements of the companies Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Produce and check design concepts, calculations, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
- Degree qualified, and Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng/IEng through ICE, or relevant equivalent professional qualification)
- Individuals with qualifications that do not fully match the above criteria but have the relevant equivalent experience are invited to apply.
Skills & Experience
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Demonstrable experience in Water / Wastewater Engineering preferable but not essential
- Experience of working in the Design & Construct environment with partnering contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions
- Previous experience in a technical engineering lead role on projects
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Full Driving Licence
We offer a competitive salary that is based on proven skills and experience. Hard work is celebrated and rewarded. We recognise that one size doesn’t fit all so everyone has access to a variety of flexible benefits that work for you.
- Min. 24 days holiday plus statutory holidays (option to buy more)
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A selection of lifestyle benefit options
- Financial wellbeing programme
- Employee assistance program for health and wellbeing and onsite mental health first aiders to support our colleagues
- Avove are committed to supporting individual professional development and offer incentives for achieving professional qualifications
- We love to give back so we offer you volunteering days in your community and charity matched giving where we will boost your fundraising
Our main value is to "Move Life Forward" and we are committed to developing our colleagues and encouraging personal growth, in conjunction with a flexible working approach so everyone can thrive in an inclusive and open environment.
We encourage you to apply for this role as soon as you can. We recognise talent waits for no one, so we progress candidates independently through all stages of recruitment process.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.