Job title: Intern/Graduate
Reference: E(phone number removed)
Start date: asap
Salary: £26,560 & £33,380 per annum
GPW are seeking Interns / Graduate Engineers to work in the automotive industry. This is a rare opportunity to work for a world leading, multinational company who can offer security as part of their ongoing and long term investment in electric vehicles.
The business is seeking to identify highly motivated and proactive intern/newly qualified candidates with the ambition to become our Engineers of the future in a highly demanding production environment.
Ideally internships will be for a 12 month period (not less than 30 weeks) commencing in July or September 2022. (Consideration will be given to shorter placements where business needs allow).
The Intern / Graduate Engineer must be able to display a passion to learn, develop and contribute whilst providing engineering solutions to deliver business goals. Working on a range of components and assemblies, candidates should be willing to learn new technology, drive hard to achieve results and be particularly adept at problem solving.
Key Responsibilities as the Intern / Graduate Engineers
- Process ownership of a series of components or assembly activities
- Leading teams to improve safety, quality and cost
- Managing or supporting the implementation of capital projects
- Initiating and implementing cost improvement actions
- Improving Jobs per Hour production
- Monitoring compliance to necessary standards i.e. GIS, TS16949, ISO14001 & ISO18001.
- Driving Reliability and Maintainability philosophy from enquiry to installation
- Ensuring Environmental compliance and improvement
Requirements as the Intern / Graduate Engineers
- Be studying for either a Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical Degree
- Possess strong analytical, written and oral communications skills
- Have the ability to work with and lead teams
- Be able to apply problem solving techniques and tools
- Understand basic Lean manufacturing techniques
The Rewards for the Intern/Graduate
In return, the right candidates will benefit from a significant learning and development experience which has the potential for permanent employment on completion of the degree course. In addition, the intern reward package provides:
A salary of £26,569pa (Inc. holiday pay) Undergraduate.
A salary of £33,380pa (Inc. holiday pay) Graduate.
Holiday entitlement of 25 days pa. A defined contribution pension scheme membership. On plant facilities including gymnasium, sauna and subsidised restaurant facilities.
You will work at 37.5 hour week and you will be assigned a mentor/assessor to guide you through the placement and carry out six weekly reviews.
To apply for the role of Intern / Graduate Engineer please click apply now.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.