Senior Programme Engineering Manager
Location Harlow, Essex, (remote / hybrid working available)
Please note: You must be eligible for British MOD Security Clearance to be considered for this role
Summary of Role:
As a leading International Defence and Security prime, Raytheon UK is seeking a Senior Programme Engineering Manager to join the Weapons & Sensors Engineering Team. This role is required for the Weapons and Sensors, Air Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) Business Area to deliver engineering outputs that benefit the entire organisation. The Senior Programme Engineering Manager role demands extensive experience and domain expertise in engineering programme execution and strategy to manage and deliver the ATMS portfolio of engineering projects. Key success criteria and goals will be measured against the long-term benefits to the organisation, return on investment and the development of new capabilities.
You will report into the Head of Engineering for Weapons & Sensors. This means that you will be a key contributor and member of the Weapons & Sensors Engineering leadership team.
Accountable manager for the Design and Delivery of the Engineering programme and then proactively managing against Raytheon’s standards, aligned to the overall business area and engineering requirements.
Effective coordination and execution of the business area projects and management of their inter-dependencies including management of risks and technical issues arising.
Definition and control of the technical programme governance requirements, risks, opportunities, and Technical Performance Measures.
Leadership and development of Project Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Installation and Commissioning and Design Authorities to deliver the ATMS objectives.
Accountable for delivery of both Customer and Internally funded PV and Seed projects, spanning R&D, Design and development, qualification, Installation and Commissioning.
Collaborate with Office of Technology to deliver the ATMS Technology Road Map.
Facilitate and arrange the appointment of resources to the project teams
Lead the delivery of new products from projects to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget in accordance with business area requirements.
Managing communications with all stakeholders, including third party contributions to the programme.
Ownership of the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
Weekly and monthly progress reporting of the programme portfolio at regular intervals to the Head of Engineering and above.
Senior technical programme leadership experience, including but not limited to the following:
- Considerable experience of effective technical programme leadership and delivery in a product design and certification domain.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling engineering programmes.
- Demonstrated competency and knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to guide and advise project teams with regards to issues, risks, and opportunities.
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Full understanding of the engineering product development lifecycle.
- Broad based technical background with experience in systems design and integration.
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Must be willing and eligible to hold SC security clearance and possibly obtain DV clearance if required.
- Previously held a senior Programme Engineering Manager post.
- Significant experience within UK/US International defence industry.
- Member of the Association of Project Management (APM) or relevant other
- Chartered Engineer and member of relevant Engineering Professional Institution.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Private health scheme
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity:Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.