Salary: Competitive + Pension + Benefits
At Kier, we are Collaborative, Trusted and Focused, with Safety at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking for a Bridge Engineer to join our Highways team in Birmingham, to assist the Bridge Manager and Senior Bridge Engineer in designing and developing maintenance schemes in accordance with contractual requirements.
As Bridge Engineer, you will design and develop maintenance schemes to rectify defects identified from the various inspection and assessment programmes. Identify, manage and mitigate risks associated with the highway structures delivery programme in co-ordination with the Bridge Manager and operations teams. Assist in production of documents relating to scheme delivery (such as traffic permits, Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders (TTRO's). Request quotations and raise task orders for specialist survey and design services. Liaise with external organisations with regards to access to carry out works. Provide progress reports and statistics for internal and external clients. Attend progress/planning meetings with schemes on site and assist in resolving any technical queries. Ensure there is full compliance with quality and environmental procedures, develop pre-construction information packs. Provide formal/informal advice associated with highway structures to the operations team and external contractors. Produce drawings and specifications for maintenance works.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Have an industry specific degree or equivalent
- Hold experience in highways structures maintenance
- Are working towards a Chartership or Incorporated Engineer
- Can demonstrate the use of Bridge Management systems, particularly AMX/BMX as well as AutoCAD
- Are excellent communicators along with good report writing skills
- Appreciate relevant highway standards and documents
At Kier, we're proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our benefits include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies with 8 weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave and important guidance on the menopause and the support we can offer
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave
- A fantastic, matched pension scheme
- Share in the success you help to create by investing in Kier through our sharesave and share incentive plans.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier's Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many your favourite brands
- And many, many more!
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Visit our website to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing (url removed)
Closing Date: 15th July 2022
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our areers help page.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.