Engineering Manager, Didcot, £60,000pa - £70,000pa plus benefits:
A leading high technology manufacturer of bespoke low volume instrumentation is seeking a talented Engineering Manager to lead a team of 10 specialist engineers delivering world class projects and to be the voice of engineering within this exceptional organisation.
This unique Engineering Manager role will combine engineering management and project management, driving forward a multitude of complex projects for customers in a range of different industries. Your team will be made up of systems, mechanical and electrical engineers who take projects from an early stage from R&D and deliver these into commercial products.
The first main task of the Engineering Manager will be to lead and manage the company’s largest project for a customer which is known worldwide for their engineering excellence. You will then turn your attention to the team, managing and developing the engineers across future projects within the business. The products are highly complex with a strong element of physics and optics where you will work alongside some of the laser industries top engineers and scientists. This is a great role for a strong leader who still enjoys working with customers and projects but wants to combine this with direct management of engineers.
The successful Engineering Manager will need the following experience and skills:
- A degree or equivalent experience in an Engineering discipline
- Proven project leader for high technology projects. Working knowledge of Project Management techniques
- Naturally self-starting with a track record of delivered projects
- Experience of supervising multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Experience of taking products from concept phase through to the successful launch of a complex low volume product
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques would be an advantage
- Experience of dealing with product conformity to global regulations either directly or through the use of appropriate 3rd Party Assessors
Our client is offering exceptional working environment with the following benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 25 days holiday
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Scheme (BUPA)
- Permanent health insurance and death-in-service benefit.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.