IT Infrastructure Engineer
Huthwaite Nottinghamshire / Hybrid Working
£35,000 +£5000 Car Allowance
Do you want to work for a company that allows you to develop your career and supports you with ongoing training and development?
Do you want to be part of a company that values its employers?
Are you looking to collaborate with like-minded individuals?
- Company car/car allowance
- Pension 3% employee contribution/5% employer
- Laptop/mobile phone
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Free parking
- Interactive and enjoyable working environment
- Career and progression opportunities
The company is a contractor collaborating with major clients which expand the national fibre network. With depots locally we use these strategically placed offices covering the midlands and north of the Country.
An opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our small IT team working within the Huthwaite Office. This role will be primarily office based but some home or remote working will be possible.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager the Infrastructure Engineer will assist in supporting the entire IT stack including, but not limited to, Microsoft Azure, Network and Security appliances, Microsoft 365, Windows Servers, Active Directory, and backup solutions.
* Provide 3rd line support to agreed SLA's.
* Manage and maintain all network infrastructure.
* Manage and maintain FortiGate firewalls.
* Manage and maintain all servers, physical and virtual.
* Document the business processes and produce how-to documentation/videos.
* Design, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of infrastructure strategy and model to improve systems availability, performance, incident frequency and reduce cost.
* Maintain high availability of services through pro-active support.
* Provide and maintain an up-to-date inventory and configuration for all operational infrastructures, hardware, software, and software licenses including warranty information.
* Data Recovery & archiving to meet business SLAs.
* Use of ManageEngine OpManager Network Management tool.
* Ownership of UPS Solutions - Maintenance & reporting.
* Problem and Change management.
* Assist with populating the online IT Knowledge base.
* Assist with the Disaster Recovery testing and scheduling.
* On-Site Engineering - Installing & maintaining solutions around the business, some out of hour's work will be required.
* Design and maintain DHCP and DNS.
* Working within the Fortinet Security Fabric
Do you have experience/knowledge of the following?
* Windows Active Directory environments including DNS, DHCP, IIS, GPO, NTFS permissions
* Azure Active Directory
* Microsoft Server 2012 through 2019
* Microsoft Azure
* FortiGate firewalls
* Experienced Administrator within all 365 admin centres
* Knowledge of Cisco UCS & NetApp FAS solutions
* Great communication skills both verbal and written
* Experience of ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and Desktop Central (not essential but is advantageous)
* FortiClient EMS, FortiAnalyzer, FortiSwitches, and FortiAP's
* Veeam Enterprise Backup Solutions
* Azure Backup
* Azure Site Recovery
* CCNA or Fortinet NSE4
For more information, please contact or call (phone number removed) Venatu Recruitment Group, your right to privacy is important to us. By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.