We are currently recruiting for 2no. Package Managers for Post-Construction Defect Surveys and Inspection for Assessment Structural Surveys.
Post-Construction Defect Surveys:
HS2 require that defect surveys are undertaken to capture the true condition of properties which are affected by the works, immediately post construction, where a claim is made around Hs2 works having caused a demonstrable impact leading to damage. Reporting to the Head of Asset Protection.
Where a post construction 'impact' survey is required on buildings required (i.e. where a claim is made or SCS feel it appropriate), these will have to be undertaken either no more than 12 weeks after the completion of the impacting construction activity or where ground movements have dropped below 2mm/6month period (whichever comes later). Every Rail Asset requires a post-condition survey.
Inspection for Assessment Surveys:
Delivery of Inspection for Assessment (IFA) Structural Surveys and accompanying reports for the following identified Routewide structural asset types; gantries, retaining walls, lineside structures and embankments, also including any other identified assets deemed appropriate by relevant stakeholders of having an IFA to establish condition and geometry. Reporting to the Head of Asset Protection
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
- Work closely with all three areas to develop a priority list and detailed delivery programme.
- Package Manage the survey scope utilising existing supply chain for assets identified as urgent.
- Work closely with Procurement to engage another survey contractor to complete the balance of the surveys.
- Engage with the rail interface team to ensure appropriate and timely access provisions are in place for all rail surveys.
- Ensure that any identified assets are surveyed as appropriate and aligned into the programme as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely reports delivered by the survey contractor are received by the relevant stakeholders and Area teams,
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering or construction-related subject
- Appropriate experience in management on the provision of building and rail on major Civil Engineering project or a similar scope/nature, ideally relating to Ground Movement and/or impacts of construction on third parties. A background in building surveying would be particularly beneficial.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.