Do you wish to play an active part in building healthy, sustainable environments?
At Wavin, we have a ‘calling’ … to service. A purpose. To build healthy, sustainable environments. And where is our help most needed? The very places we live in: our cities. Our cities’ drinking water is leaking away, greenery has been disappearing, streets are flooding after heavy rainfall and its sewer systems are outdated, polluting our groundwater. It’s time to join forces and build long-lasting cities. It’s time for you to join our team!
At Wavin, we engage and collaborate with city leaders, engineers, planners and installers to help make cities future-proof and buildings comfortable and energy-efficient. As a pioneer in sustainable water infrastructure, we focus on creating positive change in the world, guided by our purpose of Building Healthy, Sustainable Environments.
We want to build a team of champions. That’s why Wavin is currently looking for an Engineering & Site Services Manager to join our team at Doncaster. If you want to make a difference and work for a purpose-led company, please read on.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, the Engineering & Site Services Manager will work onsite at our Doncaster site working Monday to Friday, office hours. Out of normal office hours support may be required, via telephone or personal attendance on site, in the event of any significant issues beyond the authority / capability of on-site personnel. As the Engineering & Site Services Manager you will be responsible for leading the department, establishing departmental and individual goals, objectives and managing performance. You will ensure safety systems are in place, used and monitored within the Engineering Team as well as developing and delivering an asset (equipment and facilities) management strategy in line with Wavin's operating model and business strategy. As the Engineering & Site Services Manager you will be managing the maintenance – site services operations in manufacturing and maintenance both internally and through sub-contractor management. In addition you will be responsible for the environmental management of the site in line with ISO14001 including energy consumption across the site.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety policies, procedures, and legislation and ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest Health & Safety standard
- Implement and maintain an asset management program to cover all manufacturing equipment and services
- Control engineering and toolroom spending and ensure adherence to budgets
- Engineering stores and workshop management including stock control, purchasing, spares availability and housekeeping
- Manage and control contracts in line with procedures from specification writing to installation
- Management and control of contractors on site to ensure compliance with company safety and environmental policies
- Assess downtime trends to identify areas of weakness and in conjunction with Production function develop plans to reduce breakdowns and improve equipment reliability
- Strengthen overall leadership and capabilities for the engineering function
- Build and sustain a high-performance engineering and site services team and ensure strong alignment and coordination with Production function and other functional groups
- ‘Champion’ the application of maintenance ‘excellence’ methodology
- Develop and maintain a maintenance KPI dashboard in engineering and toolroom
- Managing compliance to requirements of ISO14001
- Develop and manage the AGILITY CMMS system
- Apprentice trained and/or a degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- ONC/HNC Engineering
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Proven capability of setting and managing budgets more than £1m/year
- Excellent time management skills with the added need for flexibility as and when required
- Display effective leadership and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate and influence personnel at all levels of the organisation
- Computer literacy to a high level
- Recognised management qualification e.g. NVQ, ILM, CMI.
- Tangible experience of delivering improvements to plant performance and efficiency
- Experience of managing teams and leading teams of 15 people +
- Experienced in modern maintenance techniques, lean manufacturing and other CI techniques
Do you want to make a difference by building healthy, sustainable environments? As an international company requiring many different professional skills, we understand and celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. At Wavin, we encourage all our employees to develop their talent with great innovative programs, and to become the best version of themselves. Together, as a strong team, we grow, and deliver on our purpose every day. Wavin is the place to be if you truly wish to make an impact. In addition to working with an enthusiastic, professional team in an international environment, we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Wavin is active in the building and construction industry across multiple continents. Wavin is part of Orbia, a community of companies bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Wavin is backed up by 65+ years of expertise and works with 10’500+ employees in 37 countries worldwide. Wavin is the largest business group in Orbia. Orbia has commercial activities in 100+ countries, 21’000+ employees and 120 production sites.
If you have questions or you want to know more about the position, please contact our People Team. To apply, use the apply-button.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates. If we need agency assistance, we will contact agencies on our Preferred Supplier List. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.