At Prodrive we support motorsport works and customer programmes across a range of international race and rally series. We are the team behind the 2020 GTE world endurance champions, the team that delivered the best-ever debut Dakar performance (having designed the car from scratch through the pandemic) and the team behind title contenders in the inaugural Extreme E series.
We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer who will be supporting both new programmes and the ongoing evolution of existing programmes. You will be involved in the detailed design of Electrical harnesses and associated components.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of electrical and electronics systems used within the motorsport and automotive sectors. Be proficient in electrical harness design using a multitude of design programs and have a good knowledge of System 25 harness practices as well as a broad understanding of complete vehicle systems.
* Concept design of entire electrical systems both on and off vehicle
* Production drawings of electrical harnesses and components
* Diagnosis of electrical faults
* Liaising with the Electrical build department to support where required
* Releasing of parts and assembly structures onto bill of materials
* Ensuring bill of materials and build documentation are accurate and up to date
* Liaising with other departments to support the build and testing of parts, systems and vehicles
* Understanding the commercial impact of design on stock and future bill of materials costs
We are looking for an engineer with prior experience designing electrical systems across a range of motorsport projects with a genuine passion for what you do.
What we offer in return:
Competitive salary to attract the best, 25 days holiday and bank holidays, life assurance, flexible benefit options including pension, car, bike and holiday purchase salary sacrifice schemes.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.