My client is a world leading R&D and manufacturing company providing a range of products and services for the medical industry.
Due to continued and sustained growth within the company, there is the rare opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their site in Livingston.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, the successful candidate will be involved in various projects, ranging from quality improvements to introducing new technologies. This will be a rewarding and extremely interesting position, with fantastic career prospects.
- Engineering and technical support to the production team
- Generation and delivery of concept ideas and manufacturing design improvements based on NPD pipeline, PMS requirements and production issues/constraints
- Supervise, develop, and encourage M&O technicians
- Liaison with clients and third parties as required
- Lead design and engineering support activities and develop documentation to support the Production team
- Lead pilot build and production validation teams
- Drive process/equipment/infrastructure improvements
- Knowledge & experience in mechanical or electro-mechanical design
- Significant practical experience (3-5 years) and / or Bsc Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Commercial and budget awareness / experience with controlling the costs of a project
- Capable of managing projects/work packages/ technicians
- Full understanding of relevant engineering and quality standards (ISO 13485 preferred)
- 3D CAD experience in Solid Works
- Experience in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues
Salary of £35k - £40k, with a range of excellent additional benefits
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.