CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Mechanical Engineer (shift 4on 4off Days only) to join our team located in Birmingham on a permanent basis.
- Repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment - servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily but not necessarily exclusively based on mechanical principles
- Identifying potential failure or deterioration of Machinery and Equipment; remove and replace worn components
- Determine cause of potential failure or performance deterioration, and either complete remedial work during shift or brief Manager or Supervisor on issue, cause, and recommended solution
- Pipe fitting and Plumbing techniques to include the assembly and installation of pipe sections, fittings and fixtures for Steam, Gas, Hot and cold-water systems, Heating systems, Cooling Systems, Sprinkler systems, Drains and Drainage systems, Industrial production, processing systems, and equipment, etc. and to keep Client compliant with legislation
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair, according to specifications; modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance tasks as scheduled to the required standard
- Use manuals and failure history to develop preventative tasks; prevent losses (equipment damage), accidents or injuries through use or maintenance of equipment
- Conduct continuous Equipment observation, identifying potential safety risks and taking necessary actions to remove the hazard
- Conduct risk assessment prior to any maintenance work and ensure conclusions are implemented prior to start of work to remove hazards
- Ensure equipment is handed back to production in 100% safe condition
- Be aware of incident reports and work with operational managers to promptly implement solutions to prevent re-occurrence; respond immediately to equipment failures during your shift and while on call
- Complete corrective actions during shift to return equipment to standard output, quality, and waste levels
- Conduct systematic, rigorous, accurate fault diagnosis and determine most effective solution to faults and to prevent reoccurrence
- Preparation of Steam Boilers for Annual Inspections; problem solving faults and breakdowns on Steam Boilers
- Effect the solution, and report on nature of fault, cause, and solution via computerised maintenance system
- Identify, recommend, and implement Equipment and process improvements; identify opportunities to reduce the time taken for activities and develop and recommend solutions to improve the time taken
- Good problem solving and organisation skills
- Use of hand and power tools, measuring devices with ability to read technical drawings; read and understand specifications
- Working knowledge of Industrial Steam Boilers and Industrial Steam Boiler Maintenance
- Use of Welding equipment for welding pipework, components, and structures; use of Brazing and Soldering equipment
- Experience of repairs and replacement of Motors, Pumps and Gearboxes
- Experience with Chain drives, sprockets, belt drives and conveyors
- Experience of Fan applications
- Understanding of Pneumatic equipment and circuits
- Effective communication skills with experience of dealing with demanding Client requirements
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE's core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry's top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CBRE."
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.