Onsite in Bracknell + customer site visits where appropriate
Are you an Engineering Manager with a defence background looking for your next challenge?
Our digital IT customer is looking to grow their team with committed people who are looking to join a dynamic delivery team where teamwork is paramount and knowledge and challenges are shared.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the on-site Technical management of key 3rd and 4th Line Support teams of circa 10 people in a secure environment, the teams are a mixture of architects, integrators and technical support staff.
Reporting into the SDM and liaising with the Solution Owner, Security Assurance Manager, Project Managers and other team leads, as required. The ley elements of the role are to ensure all technical support activities patching, fixes and change are carried out in accordance with local engineering process and procedures.
You will also manage the spread of knowledge within the team and organising the team’s availability, to ensure a sufficient and consistent level of technical support is available when needed.
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership and people management skills.
- Extensive experience of prioritising, coordinating and delegating tasks.
- An understanding of the high level of engineering discipline and rigour required when delivering/supporting IT solutions in a highly secure environment.
- Sound appreciation of the technologies involved in the solution (particularly windows server and virtualised environments and some WAN awareness).
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.