We are now looking to recruit a full time Maintenance Engineer based at our Wrexham site to provide effective maintenance, repair and servicing of plant, building and equipment.
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer:
- Applicants must have experience in a similar role dealing with mechanical and electrical plant and equipment repairs.
- Knowledge in one or more of electrical, mechanical, automation, hydraulic, pneumatic, pressure systems (steam) is highly desirable. Relevant engineering qualifications are required.
- You will work within a friendly, proactive team ensuring the smooth and continued running of this fast running plant.
- It is essential that candidates have a flexible and adaptable approach to their duties and working hours as the role operates within a busy production environment. This role can be physically demanding.
- Shifts Mon-Fri alternating week 4:00-12:00 / 16:00-24:00 to be agreed. Weekends or out of hours as per agreement.
- Excellent people and communication skills are essential.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by management
- To attend all mechanical, electrical, plant, equipment and building problems: including working at height using equipment provided. Comfortable working at limited space or confined spaces.
- To carry out safety tests as required.
- To open and secure premises as required.
- To start up and shut down processing plant, equipment and facilities.
- To undertake a programme of planned preventative maintenance ensuring optimum use and minimum downtime.
- To carry out duties as laid down in BS EN ISO 9001: 2000/14001, local working instructions and the Company Operations Manual which may be updated from time to time.
- To keep managers, supervisors, colleagues informed as necessary.
- To keep accurate records where required.
- To wear and use Personal Protective Equipment and handling aids, where supplied, at all times for all relevant tasks.
- To carry out all tasks to comply with Company policy on health and safety requirements.
- To comply with Company policies and the terms and conditions of employment and follow Company procedures.
- To keep work area clean, tidy, safe and secure at all times.
- To attend training courses as required. This include but not limited to: IPAF, forklift, steam boiler operation, IOSH, safe handling and storage of chemicals etc.
- To foster and maintain good working relations with colleagues
- To maintain confidentiality of Company business
- Other Ad hoc duties as required.
As part of a growing organisation, Johnsons Stalbridge Linen Services offers a competitive salary (dependent on experience), along with the opportunity to work in a modern and contemporary production facility with long term career prospects.
Strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.