Own your career, and you can build something to be proud of at Balfour Beatty.
By joining our Power Transmission and Distribution team as a Site Engineer in our Operations Team, you’ll work with true experts who’ll share their knowledge and provide support, encouragement and invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
Bring us your capability, and we’ll help you take it much, much further.
Based across the UK on our projects you will work on our Large Infrastructure within our Power Transmission and Distribution Projects.
Roles include a generous subsistence package (subject to T&C's), Allowances , Pension and career progression within the industry.
As a Site Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
Understand specified solution, brief to the working party and ensure it is followed to completion.
- Set to work and supervise a right first time delivery
- Safely and sustainably develop and deliver to programme and cost
- Monitor to ensure works are delivered compliant
- Produce required records in a timely manner
- Effectively manage and care for the people delivering the work
You will have the following:
- HNC/HND/Degree in an electrical or engineering discipline would be preferable and/or relevant Site Experience with the Utilities / Construction Industry
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions.
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems
- People Management experience and relationship management skills
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Willing to work away from home
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.