- Vibrant and dynamic employment – we are a highly specialised, growth company operating in a critical sector of the economy – our future is strong and exciting!
- Opportunities to develop your skills and yourself – our rapid growth brings greater opportunities for you to learn and grow faster!
- A great team where we all support each other – enjoy your work – after all you spend about a third of your time here!
Our Company: “We are a dynamic, fast-growing company, with an enviable reputation for leading edge science, offering contract research services to some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, solving some of the most difficult scientific challenges”.
We believe in our ability to relentlessly push forward the boundaries of scientific excellence, delivering solutions for our clients, always operating ethically and with integrity. We take pride in our professionalism and commitment to always deliver our very best work.
We are based in the vibrant city of Liverpool with a world class R&D and manufacturing facility that offers a complete end to end development service. Our 80,000 sq. ft facility houses an established Biologics Department that consists of Manufacturing and Analytical services. Our Liverpool site has a remarkable 20 Year Track Record in Biologics Development, we offer a fully Integrated Gene Therapy Drug Substance Solution in our state of the art cGMP facility purpose designed for viral vectors with onsite plasmid DNA and renowned analytical capabilities for release and characterisation.
The Pharmaron Liverpool Team is looking to expand and recruit an Electrical Engineer to support the site’s continual processes. Working on preventive maintenance using the latest condition based monitoring equipment. Covering repairs, testing, Electrical planned maintenance, and installation. A key member of the team working in close liaison with other departments. Expected to be part of an on-call rota to be initial point of contact for the resolution of any Engineering & Facilities Issues for 1 week in 5.
- We offer state of the art equipment and facilities at our Liverpool site
- We offer a competitive salary and a progressive and comprehensive suite of employee benefits
- We offer the opportunity for growth and development
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Will perform both the day to day routine requirements, scheduled and unscheduled PPM (planned preventative maintenance) tasks as well as more varied project dependant tasks.
-Carry out planned and unplanned preventative maintenance on all site equipment in accordance with regulatory guidelines and company procedures..
- Ensure all associated documentation is completed fully in real time in accordance with company procedures.
- Work with the HVAC with HEPA filtration, steam boilers, LTHW boilers, compressed air systems and multiple water systems and ensure they are maintained as per their validated status, thus ensuring compliance with all quality procedures and regulations.
- Participate in activities relating to corrective and preventative actions - Change control and investigation of deviations.
- Achieve compliance with all company and site SOP’s, written schemes of examination and production plans by forward planning for all tasks.
- Maintain a safe working environment by continuously promoting safety awareness, recognising and rectifying unsafe conditions and completing thorough investigations and reports when incidents occur.
- Understand and comply with HS&E rules and regulations with regards to the site.
- To communicate and co-operate with other departments such as production, QC, process development and QA.
- To participate in special projects and validation activities within GMP and the Lab areas.
- To maintain the condition and completion of his/her own training file to keep up to date with the latest SOP versions/revisions.
- The job holder will also be expected to be part of an On-Call rota whereby they will be the initial point of contact for the resolution of any Engineering & Facilities Issues for 1 week in 5.
- Educated – Electrical Engineering Qualifications (minimum national certificate) i.e. NVQ Level 3 in electrical engineering qualification or equivalent.
- 17th Edition or 18th Edition wiring regulations
- Experience as a time served electrical engineer.
- Knowledgeable understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations and their application in industry.
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external parties.
- Understanding of the impact of your work upon other teams and projects and work to remove barriers.
- IT competent and have good experience of operating and using control/monitoring, quality and Engineering IT based applications.
- Comfortable in your ability to deliver clear communications to both internal and external customers and be aware of your personal impact.
- Promote collaboration of knowledge sharing and team working.
- Demonstrate and effectively communicate sound opinion to influence project outcomes
- Question the robustness of your and others work and investigations along with the validity of conclusions drawn.
- Demonstrate your initiative on a day to day basis by challenging the status quo, proposing and delivering new solutions to drive continuous improvement and create value for the business.
- See change as an opportunity to develop.
- Adapt to changing demands with agility and be action oriented to overcome challenges.
- Apply strong problem solving skills to resolve issues and seek simple solutions.
- Make quality decisions on outcomes.
- Take ownership of your work and others to deliver the programme or project.
- Be seen as a valuable influencer of change and demonstrate a positive attitude at all times.
- Strive to be the best and make a difference every day.
- Demonstrated experience within a cGMP biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical environment would be a significant advantage
- Experience in GMP and clean room facilities, HVAC etc
- Experience working with MHRA/FDA guidelines
- Be able to adapt the message and style to suit the audience
Why Should You Apply?
- This is an opportunity for you as a Electrical Engineer to demonstrate your ability to make a real impact in a fast-growing and highly respected CRO striving to become the world leader in contract research services.
- Build and shape your career in an environment that sets and commits to the highest standards.
- To be part of a team who support each other, embrace, and solve technical challenges and put excellence at the heart of all that we do.
Founded in 2004, Pharmaron is a cutting-edge, fully integrated pharmaceutical R&D service platform supporting the life science industry. The company has invested in its people and facilities and established its comprehensive service offerings throughout the pharmaceutical R&D lifecycle. With operations in China, the US and the UK staffed by more than 15,000 employees, Pharmaron has an excellent track record in delivering end-to-end R&D solutions to its partners globally and enabling them to accelerate their novel drug discovery and development process.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.