Our CNC Machinists utilize detailed numerical control programs for use in production on 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machinery, including; programming, setup and operation. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following EH&S policies and procedures.
- Set-up a range of 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC machine tools by installing and adjusting work holding devices, tooling, spindle liners and bar feeders.
- Operate a range of 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC machine tools, ensuring that machine down time is minimised.
- Verify programs and settings using a range of measuring equipment on first articles and apply appropriate adjustments and program modifications.
- Ensure component compliance in accordance with engineering drawings and quality procedures using a range of inspection equipment.
- Record daily operations on machine tools and provide operational equipment effectiveness (OEE) results daily.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the department. Improving processes and applying tools and methods from the TEOA site plan.
- Maintain and improve time standards.
- Ensure that daily maintenance is carried out as required.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Observe health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and government legislation.
- Adhere to company procedure at all times.
- To support with any other ad-hoc tasks where required
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the business within Production or elsewhere as may be required.
- Time served apprentice with C&G/NVQ or equivalent in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Experience working on alternating early/late shifts with minimal supervision.
- Experience programming, setting and operating 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC machine tools.
- Experience of Fanuc and Mazatrol machine tools.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience using a range of measurement equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, EHS and safety first together with delivering exception ECE.
- Driving and encouraging the values and key behaviours in all actions
- Highest level of accuracy/attention to detail, to ensure standards of work are exemplary with minimal defect.
- Organized and self-motivated to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks and responsibility in an efficient manner.
- Excellent communication at all levels both internally within the business and with suppliers / customers.
Working hours alternate weeks
Week 1 - 06:00 - 14:00
Week 2 - 14:00 - 22:00
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.