About the role
Here at Balfour Beatty, our work inspires communities and advances society. Our commitment to sustainability looks even further generations further. Join our Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick team as a Senior Document Controller with our Offsite Solutions Team in Birkenhead and you'll be part of our legacy.
What you'll be doing
As a/an; Senior Document Controller, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Manage the requirements for document control on the project to ensure implementation and compliance to standards established within the Business Management System (BMS).
- Identify contractual requirements in relation to Document control.
- Ensure accurate control of documentation from pre-construction through to completion and archiving.
- Liaise with project teams to ensure they have a full understanding of document control and system procedures and provide training and instruction as required such that documentation control requirements are met.
- Ensure that procedures are fully implemented in order to meet requirements of the BMS and other documentation and information systems, e.g. Business Collaborator, team centre.
- Manage business archiving such that all documentation is stored efficiently and can be accessed and always referenced.
- Work to continuously improve and enhance procedures and systems utilised for document control.
- Provide feedback such that design and project managers are fully aware of all documentation issues. Including the management and reporting of Document Control KPIs.
- Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of the Business Management System and help to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manage the Document Transmittal process with the Client
- Manage the control of Internal and External registers, to ensure they both align.
- Support in compilation, control and submission of H&S file / Quality Handover, specifically in line with HPC Procedures.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Office Management.
- Work closely with the quality team whilst distributing quality related documentation, including but not limited to lifetime quality records.
- Manage and maintain the SQEP (Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person) procedure and records.
- Support and engage with non-senior document controllers, and other members of the team to ensure overall compliance from a document controller perspective.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following:
- Good experience of document control;
- Basic understanding of BIM;
- An ability to understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business;
- Experience of co-ordinating the work of others
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick (BBK) is a market leading mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) and mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (ME&I) solutions provider with over 100 years of engineering expertise.
We design, install and maintain the systems that make building infrastructure work. Emphasising environmentally efficient technologies, digital construction and offsite manufacturing, our experienced teams deliver high quality solutions across the following sectors: Aviation, Buildings, Civils, Defence, Energy and New Build Nuclear.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality.
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.