Principle Subcontract Specialist
Home based with business travel as required
Summary of Role:
Within the National Security Cyber (NSC) pillar of the Cyber, Space & Training (CST) Business Area, contributes to Supply Chain Management activity in respect of partnering and relationship management and supports responses to customer Requests for Proposal. Responsible for all phases of the supply chain from requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation, cost accountability, programme execution and contract closure.
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and businesses and the Functional Leadership Team.
- Creates, executes and manages various subcontract types (Cost Type, Incentive Type, Firm Fixed, etc.), using various source selection techniques.
- Supporting engineering in the development of supplier / subcontractor Statements of Work (SOW) or Task Orders.
- Performs or supports cost and price analysis, supports negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations, on cost and T&Cs, in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services.
- Directs and manages (with support of other functions) all costs, quality, schedule, financial and technical performance requirements that are levied on the supplier.
- Responsible for early supplier / subcontractor identification and engagement to support new business pursuits and provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture.
- Engagement with and support to Engineering to identify technology gaps and new partners / suppliers / academia / think tanks and SME’s to fill them.
- Contribute to the creation of business capture strategies to improve the organisation’s short and long term performance.
- Increases and improves collaboration with suppliers / partners for current and future strategic opportunities.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain.
- Participates in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts.
- An active member of the Supplier IPT and facilitates relationships between program office/functional organisations and suppliers.
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the programme(s)/organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities.
- Functional representative at supplier and internal reviews including Gates and EACs
- Supports the production of business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
Experience in Supply Chain, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
Flexible and positive attitude
Able to perform effectively in a multi functional team
Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid-mgmt level
Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
Experience in medium complexity proposal and programme governance activities
Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services, primarily professional services
Experience in tailoring and flowing down customer Terms & Conditions into a Subcontract, including GDPR and off payroll working rules (IR35)
Experience in or exposure to negotiating low/medium complexity non-standard agreements
Experience of managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at working level
Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
Experience of the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process
SC Security Clearance
- Related degree//MCIPS/BA/MBA or equivalent
- Experience in development of operational plans that generates processes and standards in support of the functional strategy and goals.
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Experience of Team mate selection and Teaming Agreements
- Experience of developing a Subcontractor Relationship Management Plan / Strategy
- Experience with ISO 44001 – Collaborative business relationships
- Experience in managing supplier Professional Services
- Experience working in Government, Cyber and/or Defence sector
- Experience of working with international suppliers/programmes
- 6 Sigma process improvement skillset
- DV Security Clearance
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.